Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ILSS Election


Remember last year i have run for the position of First Year Representative in the ILSS committee and didnt make it in the end?

Well, its the time of the year again for the ILSS Election to come about and this time, am attempting it for the second time to run for the position of Treasurer! Yes, my second time! Keep the count going, coz seriously am not really confident that I will get it this time. Why so u ask? Coz my competitors are both later year students and on top of that, they are committees of the current board. Obviously, they will gain the main support from the Committee board itself. Despite knowing that i Might lose the election again (its not a 100% lose yet OK? who koes I would have more votes than them? nyek nyek), I thought to myself: 'Why not give it a try and do it seriously this time?" Yes! Compare to last year, I have placed much effort into it and this year I have got myself a poster! Thanks Ai Ming for helping me to design my poster! The poster do look impressive and awesome..I really like it...hopefully it does bring me some luck.

But I dun koe why am so worried about the election..I koe I shouldnt be coz its suppose to be an easy going thingy..Maybe its becoz of the many negative issues that strike me when am deciding on whether to run for the position..Seriously, I dun mind losing the election BUT what strikes me deeply was the 2-faced scenario that I witness in some of my frens..and I koe supportive friends are neva easy to find..so I guess this is another test of friendship..Nvm I told myself, as long as I have faith on my own and I koe I am capable of handling the job as a committee I will do it this time. And I really thank Phey Shan and David for being so supportive of me to run for the election..Of coz, to my family and my gang of law friends that are all so ready to cast their vote for me...thank you!

Tomorrow is the dateline for the ILSS Nomination thingy...and Im handling in my form and poster...Wish me luck ok? And I thank you in advance for voting me! No matter what the results is, I will accept it..and David was right: 'If people want you to serve the office, they will vote for you' and yes, he is running for President dis time! OOO...so ambitious..but i koe he is capable of it and his social circle is huge enuf to win him the position..wish him luck too!( I koe sumtimes people thing wut David says is abit exaggerative and they tend to laugh at him, but at times, it sounds logical and meaningful to me and I wouldnt be bothered if u r laughing at me now) If this time i dont get it, I will surely go for it again next year and not give up coz I believe I can do it and am determined to do it ;)

Indeed, this is a very good experience for me coz I actually started campaigning around law school and asking people to vote for me..Hmm..neva thought I will do so..but I guess I gota do so coz at uni, u are not elected as a committee coz of your capability BUT your popularity! Yes, I koe that sounds so wrong but in reality, popularity brings u everything..and that if I am a celebrity, I can assure you I can be elected easily..sad la, Janet Tham is not dat popular in uni..

Alritey, enuf of said, just 3 words to end the post:

'VOTE FOR ME'
(if u are enrolled as a law student in Melb Uni)

1 comment:

erinwho? said...

Seems like fun. Good luck!